Mending a Shattered Heart,
A GUIDE FOR PARTNERS OF SEX ADDICTS
Stefanie Carnes Ph.D., ed.
by Mavis Humes Baird
· Which meeting should I attend?
· Can I attend the same meeting as the addict?
· What is anonymity?
· How do I identify myself during meetings?
· Do I have to speak during the meeting or can I just listen?
· What if I’m a male co-addict and the 12-step meetings for co-addicts in my town do not allow men?
· I’m embarrassed and afraid I might see someone I know.
· Understanding Addiction Terms
· What is powerlessness?
· What is detachment?
· Why are these recovery concepts so difficult?
How can I ever hope to break free from this depressing nightmare?
· Why do 12-step fellowships work?
· How much work does recovery involve?
· How do I “work” a program?
· Will the 12 steps teach me about boundaries and accountability?
· What is a sponsor?
· Will finding a sponsor be difficult?
· Do the 12 steps help with couples’ issues?
· How will my religious beliefs be affected by working the program?
· What if I don’t feel a connection with my group?
. Do co-addicts relapse?
BUY THE BOOK at www.gentlepath.com
With chapters by:
Mavis Humes Baird
Paul and Virginia Hartman
Learn more about:
MHB Consulting, LLC