MHB Consulting, LLC
Addictions and Trauma Recovery Skills Teamwork
Mavis Humes Baird
BFA, CASAC (NY), CAC (PA), CMAT-S, CSAT-S, ICADC
Publications and Resources on Sex Addiction
Published Interviews about Sex Addiction
with Mavis Humes Baird
“Trauma is Often at the Root of Sex
Addiction, Experts Claim”
"Sex and theSober Girl"
"Are You a Sex Addict?"
Female Sex Addicts Article in Marie Claire
"Ask the Experts: Sex Addiction"
Mavis Blogs in The New York Times CONSULTS: Ask The Experts Section
"An Apology With Echoes of 12 Steps"
NY Times Article on Tiger Woods, Treatment and Recovery
2009 CBS News Webcasts and Blogs:
The Signs of Sexual Addiction Blog by Mavis
Sex Addiction: Is It Really An Addiction? Blog by Dr. LaPook
What Is Sex Addiction?
The Growth of Online Porn
Healthy New Yorkers blog interview with Mavis
What the 12-Step Programs Have Known for 70+ Years is Now Proven!
Blog for CHS Los Angeles
PIX Investigates, with Mary Murphy
Ch. 7 What can The Twelve Steps Do For Me?The acclaimed collection for Partners of Sex Addicts
Mending A Shattered Heart
Mavis addresses the following questions:
· Which meeting should I attend?
· Can I attend the same meeting as the addict?
· What is anonymity?
· How do I identify myself during meetings?
· Do I have to speak during the meeting or can I just listen?
· What if I’m a male partner and the 12-step meetings for partners in my town do not allow men?
· I’m embarrassed and afraid I might see someone I know.
· Understanding Addiction Terms
· What is powerlessness?
· What is detachment?
· Why are these recovery concepts so difficult?
· How can I ever hope to break free from this depressing nightmare?
· Why do 12-step fellowships work?
· How much work does recovery involve?
· How do I “work” a program?
· Will the 12 steps teach me about boundaries and accountability?
· What is a sponsor?
· Will finding a sponsor be difficult?
· Do the 12 steps help with couples’ issues?
· How will my religious beliefs be affected by working the program?
· What if I don’t feel a connection with my group?
. Do partners relapse?
International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals
addiction is a complex addiction but there is hope!
As a trained Certified Multiple Addictions Therapist, Certified Multiple Addictions Therapist-Supervisor, Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, and Certified Sex Addiction Therapist-Supervisor, (CMAT®, CMAT-S®, CSAT®, CSAT-S®), Mavis has completed training developed by Dr. Patrick Carnes which required attendance at multiple training modules and supervision with a CSAT Supervisor. It also requires ongoing education to maintain expertise in providing sexual addiction therapy. It is a rigorous, ongoing process.
If you are a partner, take the Partner Sexuality Survey http://www.recoveryzone.com
Addictions. Developmental Trauma. Betrayals. Relationships. Potential.
advising, coaching, consulting, mentoring, programming, training